Sunday, August 29, 2010



Dear Mr. and Mrs. Christy,

Growing up across the street from your loving family was such a blessing! I have so many wonderful memories. There are too many to count but I thought I’d list just a few:
1. Learning to waterski on Lake Cumberland behind the Christy’s boat.
2. All the family dinners and get togethers....so many great times!
3. "Breaker one nine ...this is the Shaggy Dog to the Sponge Diver. I believe we forgot our large Old English Sheepdog at the last rest area about an hour ago.”
4. Amy, Anne, and I each taking an arm or a leg and dragging Lynne around from room to room (even down the basement steps) when we moved our play set ups to a different room. We all loved every minute of it!
5. Camping trips (see my parents post)
6. Learning from Mr. Christy how to efficiently enter and exit the Christy home with minimal loss of AC. (being one of the few families with central air conditioning at the time)
7. Anne and Lynne staying at our house while the Christy’s went to Nassau!

See photos: I don’t know which is worse....my haircut or our kitchen wallpaper....on second look, I think it is the Clearasil all over my sister’s face. (sorry Amy)

I love you both so much and wish you the happiest 50th wedding anniversary!

Love, Lisa Robb McDonnell

No comments:

Post a Comment