Sunday, August 29, 2010

From Suzanne Harrison:
Joyce, you and I lived down the hall from one another in our junior year in college at Ohio Wesleyan University. One weekend you had a date for a dance on campus, but your high school beau (you guessed it, Lou) phoned and asked out. Since you preferred to go out with Lou, you asked me if I would be willing to fill in and go to the dance with your date, and I said I would. Because you have always given me credit for helping you out of this jam, I felt that perhaps this particular Saturday date may have been a turning point in your relationship.
Our friendship grew with the creation of "the Committee" a group of 12 O.W.U. gals whose sole purpose was to socialize and enjoy the company of one another. During our senior year, we would get together occasionally and visit. After we graduated, we kept in touch with a round-robin letter. At our 25th college reunion, we congregated together, and it was agreed that we would meet three years later for a visit of several days. Since that time, we have been meeting at first every three years, but in the more recent past every two years mostly in one another’s homes. Along with this friendship with Joyce, my husband, Bob, and I have gotten to know your delightful husband, Lou. One memorable visit in Middletown had you squiring us around the Cincinnati area. It is such fun being with you. We are so fond of the two of you and happy to congratulate you on fifty years of marriage.
Love, Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment